“When leaders grow and get stuff right, everyone wins….When leaders in church work grow, the darkness gets pushed back, and people’s lives get changed forever. How do you like those stakes? Forever.” — Bill HybelsConverge recognizes the eternal importance of churches being led by leaders that are well-equipped to thrive in their sphere of ministry. Through collaborative leadership networks, volunteer training and a variety of helpful resources, Converge leaders can find the tools they need to lead with courage, passion and effectiveness. The most effective way of transforming people for Christ.
- Pastoral search process in Brookings, SD is enriched and guided by the Executive Minister, leading to placement of a new pastoral family.
- Through the leading of our Women’s Ministry staff, three Heartland churches have packed over 2 million meals to help starving people in the Dominican Republic, Sudan, Nigeria, Sri Lanka and Haiti, along with local and regional outreaches. Two more food packs are planned for 2015.
- A South Dakota church experiencing deep division calls on the District for Intervention, counsel and guidance for moving ahead. The church is now healing, vibrant and growing again.
- A long-time Heartland pastor dealing with critical issues of church staff, marriage and health is given new hope through the ministry of the District Prayer staff.
- New vision and unity are brought to a Mitchell, SD church leadership team through a “United Hearts” retreat led by the District Executive Minister.